Tuesday, July 17, 2012
If you're not keen on blowing Bambi's brains out with a shotgun (which we do NOT advocate), try planting one of many deer-resistant plant varieties carried at Whispering Hills.
Below you'll find lists of trees, shrubs, perennials, vines and flowers that DOE'nt attract deer.
- Deerproof Arborvitae
- Douglas Fir
- Scotch & Mugo Pine
- Colorado Blue & Norway Spruce
- Blue Star, Mountbatten & 9 other types of Juniper
- Whitespire Birch
- Norway Maple
- Chicagoland Green, Green Mountain & 5 other types of Boxwood
- Weeping Siberian Pea Shrub
- Common Lilac (Purple & white)
- Cranberry Viburnum
- Japanese Barberry
- Shamrock Inkberry
- Renaissance Spirea
- Blizzard & Dwarf Snowflake Mock Orange
Click here for a list of of deer-resistant vines, flowers, and groundcovers.